Applications are invited from highly motivated students for a research scholarship to do a Ph.D. at the Inter – University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune (an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission), or the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR), Pune (a deemed university and an Autonomous institution of the Department of Atomic Energy ), Prospective applications must expect to complete their M.Sc. (in Physics, Electronics, Astronomy or Applied Mathematics) or B.E./B.Tech./ M.E./M. Tech . (in any branch)by August 2011, Preferable with First Class marks. In addition, talented students in the final year of B.Sc. 1 st year of M.SC, (in Physics, Electronics, Astronomy or Applied Mathematics), or 2 nd/3nd year of B.E./B.Tech (in any branch) may also apply to be PRE-SELECTED for a research scholarship. The Selection will be through a written test and two interviews. The INAT 2010selection is in addition to the selection through the usual joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-2011).
Candidates should fill and submit the online application form, available at http:// www.incaa.ernet.in/-inat. They Should then give print-outs of the confidential assessment from (which will be attached to the acknowledgment email) to two referees, who should then send the duly filled-in and signed assessment forms directly to the Administrative Officer (Core Programmes), IUCAA, Post Bag 4, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007. The assessment forms should reach him on or before September 27.2010. Candidates who are unable to apply online may request the application form set by writing to the above address, by September 15.2010; the letter should include a self- addressed envelope (approx. size 15cm X 10cm) with affixed postage stamps of Rs. 15. Short-listed candidates will be invited to take the written test. All out-station candidates who are invited to take the written test will be paid travel support as per the IUCAA/NCRA rules.
Last date to receive on line filled in Application & Assessment Forms is September 27.2010. The admission (written) test will be held on December 22.2010. Short –listed candidates will be interviewed on December 22and/or 23,2010.
More details (including information for walk –in Candidates) may be found at the following websites:
ENERGY BIOSCIENCE OVERSEAS FELLOWSHIP BY DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY.
Applications are invited for “Energy Bioscience Overseas Fellowship”, a re-entry scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
Objective: The scheme is aimed at bringing back scientists of Indian origin working outside the country in the fields of Energy related biological science & other areas related to bio-energy, and who are desirous of pursing R & D in an Indian institution.
1. The applicant should possess a Ph.D. in relevant areas and / or an outstanding track record reflected in Publications and other recognitions.
2. Only candidates of Indian origin working overseas are eligible to apply. Those who have already returned to India and are working in India are not eligible.
About the followership
1. Energy Bioscience Overseas Fellowship can take up fellowship at any of the scientific institutes/university in india and application should be supported by the competent authority of the host Institute.
2. Selected awardees will receive a fellowship amount of Rs. 75,000/ pm (consolidated) and a contingency grant of Rs. 5,00,000 / year for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of research project. However, the host institute / university where applicant proposes to work can consider giving additional benefits (e.g. HRA / housing, medical allowance, leave travel allowance and other benefits) as applicable to regular faculty.
3. In case an awardee finds a suitable permanent position during the tenure of the Fellowship at any research institute / university, he or she can take up the job. In that case, he/she will have to opt for either the fellowship or salary. However, she/he can continue to avail the contingency grant with prior approval of DBT.
4. Awardees are eligible to apply for research grant to any of the funding agencies, However, the Co-Pl has to be a permanent employee of the host institution
Duration: The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of five years. The duration of the award may be extended by another 5 years.
How to apply
Under Continuous Induction Program, Application for “Energy Bioscience Overseas Fellowship” position can be sent throughout year. Applications received on or before of the following dates shall be considered in ensuing phase.
On or before: 30th September, 2010 and 31st March, 2011.
Application in prescribed format, duly completed with letter from the Indian Institute of choice (Hosting Institute) where the awardee wishes to work should be sent to DBT-ICT-Centre forciences, Institute of Chemical Technology, University under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, Nathalal Parikh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai – 400019, India (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org other details regarding the fellowship may be seen at http://www.udct.org or http://www.dbtindia.nic.in
ADMISSION IN TO MADURAI KAMRAJ UNIVERSITY.
Madurai Kamraj University invites application from eligible candidates for admission in to the following courses
1. IT Courses: M.C.A / B.C.A. / B.Com. / B.B.A. / P.G.D.C.A.
2. Professional Courses: M.B.A. in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, System, Production Management, Retail Management / M.Com. in Banking & Co-operative management / M.A. in Labour Management, Tourism Management, Advertisement and Public Relations, Journalism and Mass Communication / Bachelor of General Law / Bachelor of Library & information Science / Master of Library & information Science / M.Sc. in Tourism & Hospitality Management / B.Sc. in Tourism & Hospitality Management / PG Diploma in Tourism Management, Hotel Management, Nutrition & Dietetics ,Bio-Statistics / Diploma in Catering Operation, Front office & Accommodation Management, Food & Beverage Service.
3. PG Courses: M.Sc. in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Electronics & Communication / M.A. in History, Economics, Tamil, English, Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, Gandhian Thought, Philosophy & Religion, Criminology & Police Admin, Hindi / M.Com.
4. UG Courses: B.A. in History, Tamil, English, Political Science, Social Science, Economics / B.Com. in B.Sc. (Maths), BBA, BBA (Retail), B.Lit (Tamil).
5. PG Diploma Courses: Journalism & Mass Communication, Management, Marketing Management, Hospital Management, NGO Mgmt, Public Relations Management, Entrepreneurship Development, School Administration, Criminology and Police Administration, Multimedia Technology, Retail Management, Consumer Laws, Information and Communication Laws, Labour Law and Administrative Law / Post B.Ed. Diploma in School Administration, Personnel Management & Industrial Relations / Health Science courses in , Health Information Management, Radiography and Imaging Technology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Hospital Laboratory Technology, Hospital Documentation Management.
6. Diploma Courses: Computer Animation, Digital Pre-press, Computer Application, Communicative and Functional English, Saiva Siddhantha, Yoga, French, Astronomy and AstroPhysics.
7. Certificate Courses: Library Science & French.
8. Pre-Degree Courses: Introductory Course, Pre-Foundation Course, Foundation Course.
Further Details can be available from
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Palkalai Nagar, Madurai-625021,
Or can be downloaded from
Dr. Pragatika Mishra
e-News Letter- OrissaJob.Com
Want to refer any of your colleague/friends to subscribe our News Letter on Education & Career and Jobs, please ask him/her to visit http://www.Orissajob.Com and submit their e-mail address in the RSS feed column in the right hand side. Or Subscribe directly at http://Orissajob.Blogspot.Com
Dr. Pragatika Mishra
e-News Letter- OrissaJob.Com
…::::::…… OrissaJob.Com- The Only Job & Career Portal Promoted, Managed & Run by Females Only.